Thursday, August 14, 2008

It’s been kinda crazy this week, sorry for the delay.

You people are incredible about inviting friends. I just want to remind you that so many people around you are hurting. Why not take the time to invite them to a place where they can find hope and a crowd of folks that will love them. Thank God they do not have to go to a bar to find friendship and love, they can come to their neighborhood FBCHS.

Man, I do not know if you noticed it but you guys were flat soaking up the message on Sunday morning. I must be totally honest, I thought oh no, this is going to go over like a lead balloon. Giving is usually not one of those “get fired up” messages. You were sitting on the edge of your seats, listening intently and so many greatly encouraged me with your comments following the service. Go God.

The Financial Peace class is incredible. I am not in the class but my fine looking bride is taking part. I have already listened to seven of the tapes (Gary I hope it is alright to listen ahead). I believe with all my heart that this series is going to set so many people free in the area of their finances. I told a couple just yesterday that most couples struggle over two things – finances and communication and that my personal opinion is that they are probably fighting over lack of communication in their finances. If you know someone who needs this class or if you need to take it yourself, it is not too late to get in on the good stuff.

Praise God for your faithfulness in giving. You have been so very faithful the last two weeks to step up to the plate (the offering plate – get it) in your giving. I know as well as anyone that things are tough right now and gas is high, but I also know that God is FAITHFUL. If you have not yet taken the challenge, try it out and see what happens…

If anyone has a couple of extra TV’s around the house you are not using do we have a deal for you. The children’s ministry has a real need for a two or three television sets as well as DVD players. If this is a need you could help us out with, we would be so very grateful. Just see Todd for details.

Thank you Jesus for these folks,

Pastor Phil

No comments: