Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sunday Reflexion

Warning – These are random thoughts prone to improper grammar, spelling, etc., but they are straight from the heart……..

God never ceases to take me by surprise. Just when I think I have Him pinned down in one area He moves in a different direction. Thank you Jesus - that is why He is God and I am Phil…

What an incredible day Sunday. Man God was just “thick” in this place. I am so excited about the two families that came to be part of our fellowship, The Mathews and the McEver’s are awesome folks and I cannot wait for our church family to get to know them better. We praise God for you guys and we are praying for you…

I want to give a shout out to the entire First family for your faithfulness in giving. I know the times are tough and finances are strained but you guys continue to be faithful in your giving. I praise God for such a faithful group of folks that give even when it means sacrifice on your part. God will use this effort to allow this church to accomplish bigger and better things for Him. Keep on with the keeping on for it is too late to back down now…Go God.!!!!!!!!!

If you get a chance to check out my brand new blog at www.pastorphilyoung.blogspot.com, feel free to take a peak. It is a work in progress but in time I am hoping it will be another avenue for our people to gain information. Todd also has a new blog, you can find his at http://todd-goodlife.blogspot.com/.

The Young family will be heading to Panama City Beach Sunday afternoon for week of hanging out with the whole family my parents and Michelle’s parents). Trivia question: Which one of our kids was born in Panama City? Hint – she is a girl…I know of at least one other family that will be there next week so if you are heading down look us up (seriously) and we will grab some seafood together or maybe some Angelo’s Steak Pit where “you won’t get a bum steer here”. We might even have church on the beach…

1 comment:

Kasey Baxter said...

When we miss church on Sundays we really do feel like we are missing out. We love our church and pastors.
We leave for the beach on sat. morning and will be there through the next friday. Please look us up, we would love to do dinner and play.
~Kasey~