Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reflexion

Warning – These are random thoughts prone to improper grammar, spelling, etc., but they are straight from the heart……..

Questions I am asking myself at this point in my journey with Jesus:
1. What difference am I really having on the lives of other people and is this difference toward good and Godliness?
2. What is there in my life that is keeping me from being all God desires me to be – God’s best, nothing more, nothing less?
3. How can I make a greater impact on those who will come after me in both my life and my ministry?
4. Will I trust the vision God has shown me and for our church and do I have the courage to press on with it even in the midst of an economic downturn?

· I am grateful to God for Kevin Bragg and his family. Kevin works in Marietta and has been leading Wednesday night worship at FBC Woodstock for several months now. He and his wife Rita are precious people and I hope our church family will welcome and encourage them as they begin their journey here. God bless you guys!

· God bless you church as you continue to be faithful in giving in these challenging financial times. I know from personal experience that the markets can take a bite out of our retirement, income, etc. and that some people are in dire straights as they job hunt. But, Jesus is still on the throne. God desires to do some great things through our struggles. The question is, will we see the opportunity to grow as a result of the challenges or will we fail the test? Thanks for your continued faithfulness. You are a faithful people!

· I hope everyone is getting their garages, basements, tool sheds, attic’s, etc. cleaned out in preparation for Saturday’s Financial Peace University Yard sale here at the church. Man, this is going to be awesome. Just think…a little bit of heaven…coming to church and having a yard sale both at the same time…Go God!

· Church, I ask you to pray that God burn in the hearts of one or two individuals a desire to head up our preschool/ nursery ministry. This is a ministry and not a baby-sitting service. I am grateful to God that we have so many faithful people who week by week give of their time and energy to serve in the nursery. However, in addition to these workers we need some folk to coordinate, organize, train and equip others to make a difference in this ministry as well. I truly believe we have missed opportunities that somehow just pass us by. Man, let us take advantage of every avenue God gives us to make a difference. Maybe that someone is you “for such a time as this”!!!

· When I was a kid, I always get excited when company came to spend the night. That meant we got to turn on the air conditioner (which was a real treat) and I got to sleep on the floor between the dining room and the breakfast room. Company always got my Mom and Dad’s king-sized bed in the front and Mom and Dad would take mine. I was oh so grateful to give it up because I would feel that cool air all night long. Please Remember, with our parking, every week we need to give up the comfort of a “king-sized parking spot” up close (excluding our seniors, handicapped, etc.) even if it means you have park a little farther away than you would like or have to walk a few extra steps. We want to save the best places for company, and hey, company’s coming…

No comments: